Saturday, June 14, 2008

Presidential Farewell Letter

14th June 2008

Dear Parents/ Altar Servers,

Farewell Letter

I am writing this letter to inform you that I will be officially relinquishing my position as President at this year’s Investiture which would be held on the 27th of July 2008.

Looking back at the time I first took on this position, I would have to say that the Society has been through many eventful moments. The last 4 ½ years has seen the Altar Servers’ Society grow in so many aspects. None of these would have been made possible without the endless guidance of God, the patience and guidance of Fr Gerard Weerakoon and all the Altar Servers not forgetting the cooperation and support of their parents. These are some aspects in which the Altar Servers’ Society has grown in:

1. Standard of Serving
2. The Servers have become so much more responsible
3. Their spirituality has improved by leaps and bounds
4. Number of servers continue to increase

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to thank the numerous Priests, Altar Servers and Parents for their support to the Society over the last 4 ½ years I have been President.

Please be informed that I will be handing over my responsibilities to Joel Moosa who will take over the Altar Servers’ Society as President beginning 27th July 2008. Nicholas Lim will continue as Vice President and he will guide Joel through the transitory period.

The transitory period will begin 16th June 2008 as I will be enlisting for National Service on that day and I seek your cooperation in supporting Joel Moosa and Nicholas Lim who will continue to lead the Altar Servers’ Society to greater heights.

I will still continue to attend the Executive Committee meetings as and when possible but I will be assuming an advisory role. I will also continue serving at Masses if time permits.

My prayers will always be with all of you and I will miss all of you dearly. Continue to Serve God passionately and faithfully, remember to pray every day and always remember that Serving requires lots of sacrifice.

Yours Truly:
Shawn Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment